What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japenese system of energy healing and is often translated as Universal Life Force Energy. Rei means Sacred, Spiritual or Infinite Power. Ki means ‘vital energy’ or ‘energy of the universe’. It is essentially a method for self-healing that can also be used to help others.
What happens during a Reiki session?
A typical Reiki treatment is approximately 1 hour long, but shorter and longer sessions are available. The practitioner gently places their hands in various positions on, or slightly over, the body. There is no manipulation; the hands are simply a vessel for the energy to flow through. The recipient may feel sensations of warmth, coolness, tingling or nothing at all. The recipient will only absorb the amount of energy that is needed. Reiki will work on wherever their body draws it, enhancing the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Reiki is totally safe and gentle. It can be received by anyone who wishes to receive it. As well as being a “hands-on” healing, it can also be sent as distance healing.
Reported Benefits of Reiki
It is impossible to predict an outcome, but recipients report a range of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual benefits, such as:
- Easing tension, stress and anxiety
- Strengthening the immune system
- Emotional release and coping with difficult times
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Soothing pain and improving joint mobility
- Reducing the effect of trauma and injury and aiding physical healing
- Releasing energetic blockages
- Helping to live in alignment with life, to feel connected
Contact me to book an appointment, request distance healing for you or your animal friend.