- The group is open to all practitioners, from any lineage.
- The practitioner needs to have completed a minimum of Shoden/level 1 Reiki to take part.
- It is a single modality share group. Therefore our practise and development is in Reiki only, there is no inclusion or mixing of other modalities/treatments.
If meeting in person:
- Personal boundaries are to be maintained, i.e. no touching of intimate or sexual areas. If the practitioner is working with eyes closed, be mindful of checking a respectful distance of hands from the body is maintained.
Confidentiality is to be respected. Reiki is not about diagnosis. Should a practitioner sense/intuitively pick up information about a recipient that they feel is significant, then it may be appropriate to discuss something in private afterwards.
- Each practitioner is to respect the recipients’ preference as to whether they wish to receive hands on or hands off Reiki treatment. If hands on is requested, practitioners are to be mindful of the pressure of their touch so as not to cause any discomfort for the recipient.
- The group welcomes practitioners from different lineages. Practitioners are to respect each others different Reiki backgrounds. It is a share group and not a space for teaching or directing another’s practice. We may have different methods, but it is the same Universal Life Energy that is being channelled.